Updating Winbindd Privileged Socket Path

Matthew Newton mcn at freeradius.org
Mon Jun 21 16:58:43 CEST 2021

On 21/06/2021 15:36, Vertigo Altair wrote:
> I'm running Winbindd on some other directory. I have to update winbindd
> prieveleged socket path on FreeRADIUS side. I've read some documents but I
> couldn't find a configuration for this.

There is no configuration for it. FreeRADIUS just uses either ntlm_auth
or the libwbclient library, both from the Samba project. They connect to
the privileged socket, not FreeRADIUS.

Actually, IIRC they will connect to winbind on the non-privileged
socket, and that will tell them where to connect to for the privileged
socket. But it's been a while since I worked on the Samba code so I may
have forgotten the exact method.

--
Matthew