How to bind-map 802.1X identity to DHCP-provided IP address ?

Olivier oza.4h07 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 16:50:18 CET 2021

Hello,

For logging purpose in MSCHAPv2 WiFi environment, I would like to enforce
or log a 802.1X ID-to-IP address map.

1. What are the available options to implement this ?
I'm daily using ISC DHCP or Dnsmasq for implementing DHCP services but I
wouldn't hesitate to use something (Freeradius, ISC Kea, whatever, ..) if
that helped.

2. I've read that DHCP Option 82 suboptions could be used with DHCP Relay
to inject in DHCP requests some additional data but I fail to see how
802.1X could be part of this injected data.
Is it worth digging this path ?

Best regards