How to install a specific version of freeradius via apt?

Mark Antony mark.antony.4 at protonmail.com
Sun Mar 14 15:48:14 CET 2021

We are going to have multiple VPN servers running on Debian 10. Each server has its own freeradius installation connecting to a central Freeradius database.

More servers will be added to the pool in future.

If each future installation gets the latest freeradius copy, a schema change could break it when trying to communicate to the central freeradius database, that has now an older schema.

Ideally we need to freeze all future installations to a specific version, even if newer versions get to be released.

The current base version on Debian 10 is 3.0.17, which is pretty old. Hence I was hoping there was a way to freeze it to 3.0.21 for all our future installations.

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.