Problems with VLAN selection

Anthony Stuckey anthonystuckey at gmail.com
Wed May 5 17:10:13 CEST 2021

The documentation is crap.  Large parts of information that would be very
valuable to have is missing.

Always answer the questions: Who, What, When, Where, Why, and How.
Freeradius documentation is straight up hostile to "Why" and "How".  Any
suggestion that vendor documentation like Apple's certificate requirements
be referenced is met with an immediate "out of scope" response.  It would
cost nothing to give people references for further learning.
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210176

While my personal hobby horse would be Windows Machine Login, I've seen a
number of discussions that would be resolved much faster and with fewer bad
feelings by simply having a "Vendor Resources" page and some sample
configurations documenting known potholes.

Reading the RFQs does not generate all possible useful insights.