COA server times out

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed May 12 22:44:31 CEST 2021

> On May 12, 2021, at 4:37 PM, Mark Antony via Freeradius-Users <freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.org> wrote:
> I'm now using a Python based COA-Client to consume the COA messages from Freeradius. https://github.com/pyradius/pyrad/blob/master/example/client-coa.py

  OK.

> I'm using this freeradius dictionary: https://github.com/redBorder/freeradius/blob/master/share/dictionary.freeradius

  Uh... why?  FreeRADIUS does come with dictionaries.  Why go to a 7 year-old third-party GitHub account, when you could get the, directly from FreeRADIUS?

> It seems to work. But there is a new error thrown by Freeradius, which I don't understand. Can you guide me here?

  There's no error, because the log message doesn't say "error".  It's just a warning message,  You can ignore it.

> Is it because I still haven't implemented the part where the NAS disconnects the user (need to code this), and because the user is not yet disconnected this error below is thrown?

  No.

  The server has no idea whether or not the NAS disconnected the user.  The only thing that FreeRADIUS sees is a Disconnect-ACK.