How do I see if the user has disconnected?

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sat May 15 18:19:12 CEST 2021

On May 15, 2021, at 9:59 AM, Mark Antony via Freeradius-Users <freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.org> wrote:
> Yes, as you say "Failed" is in the dictionary. As you correctly stated, the NAS has no way to send the Acct-Status-Type, because the internet connection is no longer present.

  What does that mean?  Is your NAS behind a flaky internet connection?

  If the user goes away, the NAS is supposed to sent an accounting packet which says "session is stopped".  If the NAS doesn't do that, then throw it in the garbage, and buy one that works.

> I have expended the variable and it says.
>
> (4)     EXPAND %{Acct-Status-Type}
> (4)        --> Interim-Update

  Which means that the session is still active.

> I was just wondering if Freeradius was able to trigger a timeout event after certain time has passed. In other words do you know of any way to capture timeouts in a different way?

  See 'cron'.