eap-sim - ERROR: Failed retrieving SIM vectors ( FR version4)

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Nov 19 13:49:27 CET 2021

On Nov 19, 2021, at 2:29 AM, Vorawut Kanokpanvanich <aakmit at gmail.com> wrote:
> I was using rlm_passwd to authenticate an EAP-SIM on Freeradius version
> 3.0.25 without any issue.

  That's good.

> But with Freeradius version 4, I got an error like this.* eap-sim - ERROR:
> Failed retrieving SIM vectors and it doesn’t hit the passwd file like what
> I did from version 3.0.25*

  A few things:

1) the attribute names have changed in v4.  So if you're using the same "passwd" file, then it won't work

2) v4 is unreleased, and not yet done  If it works, great.  If not, well....

3) you have the source code.  you can edit the rlm_passwd.c module in order to see what it's doing, and fix it.