Add client IP address to log messages

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Nov 23 14:53:51 CET 2021

On Nov 23, 2021, at 8:40 AM, Drew Weaver <drew.weaver at thenap.com> wrote:
> All of the clients do indeed fall under the localhost definition in clients.conf

  I don't know what that means.

  localhost is 127.0.0.1, or more pedantically 127/8.  Do you have multiple clients, all of which have "ipaddr = 127.0.0.1"?

  Or do you have something like:

client locahost {
  ipaddr = 1.2.3.4

client localhost {
   ipaddr = 5.6.7.8

> If there is no way for me to configure clients.conf to use the IP of the actual client/NAS when it logs things under a single entry I will merely have to create and maintain 200 configuration entries in that file or use SQL or another way to define them.

  Define *what*?  I really have no idea what you're getting at.

  Please give *details* and *useful information*.  And perhaps even DEBUG OUTPUT.

  If you're not going to do that, then there isn't much point in anyone answering your questions.  You're just ignoring what we're saying, and repeating the same vague phrasing of "I'm trying to do stuff, and it doesn't work.  How do I fix stuff?"

  Answer: I dunno.  Do other stuff.