Apache2 auth_radius and OTP not working consistently

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Oct 5 22:59:18 CEST 2021

On Oct 5, 2021, at 4:55 PM, Steven Vacaroaia <stef97 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am trying to get freeradius + AD + Yubikey as authentication mechanism
> for some of our websites
>
> It is working on and off which makes it very difficult to troubleshoot

  it's best to test these things with "radclient".  That way you test the RADIUS / AD / Yubikey portion separately from the web site.

  TBH, most web server integration with RADIUS is pretty poor.

> I noticed some notes / comments in the module but apparently I am not able
> to implement them properly although they seem pretty clear

  Which module?

> It will be greatly appreciated if you can point me to what am I doing wrong
>
> Example
> folder protected
>    /var/www/html/test/user
> file needed to be used
>    /var/www/html/test/user/index.php
> I put another file named index.html containing a link to index.php in the
> above folder

  That has nothing to do with FreeRADIUS.  We don't ship a web server, so I have no idea how to fix anything here.

> I can connect to it after authenticate but , when I am using the link I
> created to index.php, I am asked again to authenticate which fails with
> "password mismatched" error
>
> I know I must be missing something really simple and I apologize for
> wasting your time with this but I am a bit desperate to get it working

  Which were server are you using?

  Whatever web server it is, you need to consult its documentation for how to configure RADIUS authentication.

  Once FreeRADIUS gets a packet, we can help you.  Until then, it's all web server magic that we know very little about.