FreeRadius Ignoring request to auth address

Benjamin Diehl benjamin.diehl at foundationacademy.net
Wed Oct 6 21:02:07 CEST 2021

I thought I had put the IP address 172.xx.x.x/18 in the correct spot for it to allow any requests from my APs through and be authorized but I keep getting this error.

Ignoring request to auth address * port 1812 bound to server default from unknown client 127.0.0.1 port 52623 proto udp

Anyone have any ideas exactly where I am supposed to put my information in?

This is where I placed in it the clients.conf file
client localhost {
    #  Only *one* of ipaddr, ipv4addr, ipv6addr may be specified for
    #  a client.
    #
    #  ipaddr will accept IPv4 or IPv6 addresses with optional CIDR
    #  notation '/<mask>' to specify ranges.
    #
    #  ipaddr will accept domain names e.g. example.org resolving
    #  them via DNS.
    #
    #  If both A and AAAA records are found, A records will be
    #  used in preference to AAAA.
    ipaddr = 172.xx.x.x/18