FreeRadius Ignoring request to auth address

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Oct 6 21:51:41 CEST 2021

On Oct 6, 2021, at 3:46 PM, Benjamin Diehl <benjamin.diehl at foundationacademy.net> wrote:

> Okay, so I added my client to the end of the file like the documentation but its not giving me an error saying the Login is incorrect (Home Server says so)
>
> Login incorrect (Home Server says so): [admin at x.com] (from client extreme port 0 cli 50-xx-xx-xx-xx-xx)

  What could that message possibly mean?  Perhaps you might want to see why the HOME SERVER is rejecting the user?  Perhaps you might want to run the proxy and the home server in debug mode?

  Please read http://wiki.freeradius.org/list-help

  Your messages contain as little information as possible.  Your process comes across as "I saw an error, so I'm just going to ask the list instead of trying anything myself".

  The debug output exists for a reason.  The answers you're looking for are in the debug output.  Yet for some reason you're not reading it.

  Why?