Having trouble with "passwd" authentication

Darcy Boese dboese at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 19:33:22 CEST 2021

> Both of these will mean you need to update your passwd config to use
> 'Stripped-User-Name' instead of 'User-Name'.

That was it! Editing "mods-enabled/passwd" to use "Stripped-User-Name"
in the place of just "User-Name" did exactly what I needed here.

And yes, in this particular circumstance, all I need is that the
username and password match regardless of the domain.

I do have to say I miss the relative simplicity and utility of the
deprecated "unix", whereby users could have different permissions
based on their unix group's name, but I don't think I'm going to get
very far attempting that with 3.0, especially not when I'm trying to
validate information against copies in /etc/radius/passwd
/etc/radius/shadow /etc/radius/group instead of the system's own.