radwho and date formatting

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Sep 3 14:09:44 CEST 2021

On Sep 3, 2021, at 7:39 AM, Weisteen Per <per.weisteen at telenor.no> wrote:
> I'm using Freeradius to authenticate a bunch of network devices whom all are expected to have a long-term, more or less permanent connection to my network. Any disconnect from the net is considered a deviation from normal operation.
>
> Currently I've been using radwho to list status for my devices. Unfortunately radwho only seem to format the date with weekday and hh:mm timestamp.

  Hmm... to be honest, I don't thunk I've used radwho in a long time.  It still builds and works, but it hasn't had any changes for many years.

> Is there any way I could get a more exact date from radwho or is there other mechanisms I could use to get info on all "live" sessions?

  Use a real database, even sqlite is fine.  The dates are then put in as full year / month / day / time.

  If you want to get fancy, you could send over a patch which (a) adds a new command-line option to radwho, and (b) when that's set, print out the date in a better format.  I'd be happy to add that to the code.