Networkradius packages for freeradius-3.0.22-1.el7.x86_64.rpm

Clive Allen cliveallen0907 at gmx.com
Wed Sep 8 12:43:48 CEST 2021

   > I have created the new baseURL with
   > [1]https://packages.networkradius.com/freeradius-3.0/centos/7/
   > and, in fact, if I go the URL sure enough, there is version 3.0.22.
   > However, again, when I try to list
   > freeradius (yum list freeradius) I only get 3.0.23 in the listing. If
   > try to install via the actual version
   > name then I get a yum response of "it cannot be found, nothing to
   do".
   > This is really frustrating as version 3.0.22 is at the URL, as you
   > rightly state, but it simply will not
   > show in any listing.
   >
   > I also tried the yum install direct from the URL to bypass the repo
   > file, with no luck either. I do not
   > want to go down the manual route of rpm installation as I am not
   overly
   > expert with Linux as yet
   > and will more than likely mess it up. Any further help would be
   > appreciated.

   >>i.e. people are paying you to do FreeRADIUS work, but you want us to
   work for you, for free.
   >>Hmm...
   >>a) build 3.0.22 yourself. It isn't difficult. After all, all of the
   source is online.
   >>b) download 3.0.22 manually, and manually install it on the customer
   machines
   >>c) ask RedHat how yum works.
   >>When students ask on Stack Overflow how to do their networking
   assignments, the response is "do your own work". Something similar
   applies here.
   >>Alan DeKok.

   Hi Alan,

   Since where have I asked for anyone to complete any work for me?
   I simply asked if anyone had seen this issue before where the baseurl
   in the repo is correct, the URL for that baseurl shows
   3.0.22 as well as many others.
   When I complete the command yum --showduplicates list freeradius it
   shows version 3.0.22 in the listing yet when I use yum list and
   yum install, all that appears to be available is 3.0.23.

   I do not require any or ask for any help with regarding to building
   something from scratch. If that is the process I end up
   having to use then so be it, and as you state, there is plenty of docs
   online to help with that. It is just a process I do not want
   to utilise when the yum repo should show 3.0.22 as an available
   package.

   I know how yum works and how to build a repo, what I have never
   completed before is a freeradius + dependencies build from scratch.
   That is a learnable process.
   So, the question, put in more simple terms is: "Has anyone seen this
   issue before and what was the way around it"?

   If no-one has seen this issue then that is all good too. My assumption
   was that this mailing group could be utilised to ask
   such a question. If that is not what this mailing group is about then
   maybe it should cease, as I am sure the answer to any
   question asked in this group is resolvable with some googling and
   research.

   Thanks Matthew for the help and Alan for the A) B) and C) options.