reply: The problem when I run freeRadius server 4.0 in master: Failed adding new socket to network event loop: Failed inserting filters for FD 15: EFAULT: Bad address

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sat Sep 18 14:40:30 CEST 2021

On Sep 17, 2021, at 10:23 PM, 老咪 <93327349 at qq.com> wrote:
> However, we need use EAP AKA authentication, but 3.X version don't support it, so I choose the master branch, I download the code in 2021/9/16.
> About the error from libkqueue, actually when I executed the configure command, it shows I need to install libkqueue first, but when I try to install libkqueue, it shows I  need to install rpmlib(SetVersion) first, but I can't find the rpmlib(SetVersion) package in the internet.
> So I install the libkqueue 2.0.1 devel without rpmlib(SetVersion) by rpm -i --force --nodeps, I think this is the true cause.
>
> How can I find the rpmlib(SetVersion) package or code? could you help me, thank you very much.
> The installation info like this:

  I don't use RedHat or CentOS, so I can't help you find RPMs for those systems.

  CentOS 7 is very old, and is no longer getting updates.  Why not use a more recent distribution?

  We do builds on recent distributions all of the time (Ubuntu 20, etc).  They work just fine.

  But in the end, if the "master" branch doesn't work, then there isn't much we can do.  It's unreleased, it's unsupported, and it's alpha.  And we're very much not going to spend time debugging issues for a distribution which was first released in 2014.  The master branch requires newer compilers, newer libraries, etc.