FreeRadius Fresh installation 3.0.23 "${dialect}" Reference "${dialect}" not found

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Sep 23 15:02:44 CEST 2021

On Sep 23, 2021, at 8:50 AM, Pizu <pizpower at gmail.com> wrote
> Steps from documentation I did when installing my other 2 freeradius
> servers.. (which are working)
>
> The only difference between the other 2 servers and this is that this is a
> physical server and the others are VM(s)

  That shouldn't matter.

> Instructions from "https://networkradius.com/packages/"
> apt install freeradius freeradius-mysql freeradius-krb5 freeradius-ldap
> mariadb-server mariadb-client
>
> cd /etc/freeradius/sites-enabled
> ln -s ../sites-available/status status
>
> cd /etc/freeradius/mods-enabled
> ln -s ../mods-available/ldap ldap
> ln -s ../mods-available/sql sql
>
> on all servers I don't have the /modules/ folder or the /3.0/ folder.

  The default Debian / Ubuntu packages put the configuration into /etc/freeradius/3.0.  The Network RADIUS packages don't.

> This is very strange :(

  It is exceedingly strange that there's a magic "modules/main" thing added there.

  At this point, I'd suggest posting the entire debug output.  There's something broken in your system.  Maybe the debug output is more informative.