How I can enable debug logs for home server status check

work vlpl thework.vlpl at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 17:41:06 UTC 2022

On Tue, 8 Nov 2022 at 18:07, Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:

>   Then it's not sending Status-Server packets.
>
>   If it sends packets, they show up in debugging mode.

Hello,

I researched a bit more. Please check the version from
9fe91c1856d4545a13d0a58946f53e7366b95249 commit.

>From what I see this version does not proxy any requests, with the
next home server configuration.

To reproduce start 2 servers home and proxy. Send auth requests, a
proxy server with return reject. In logs, I see this.

(0) ERROR: Failed to find live home server: Cancelling proxy
(0) Clearing existing &reply: attributes
(0) Found Post-Proxy-Type Fail-Authentication

I've returned back to a version from this commit
8fd11ab7168c4aedda8315275a02a34845005f5d  it works for me.

> > And manual request with radclient and credentials ping/test returns
> > Access-Reject. So I expect that server should be marked as alive.
>
>   No.
>
>   FreeRADIUS doesn't know you're using radclient to send packets to the home server.  FreeRADIUS only knows about packets it sends.

Yes, I understand that when I am using radclient it will not affect
the internal state of freeradius. I just tried to explain that
radclient can access home server, therefore I expected that freeradius
also should be able to reach the home server. But what I saw radius
server didn't try to do that and in the internal state, the home
server was marked as offline.

Best regards,
Vladimir