How to copy all EAP Request Attributes to internal server?

남혁준 sawd1598 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 09:09:21 UTC 2024

hello,

An external request must be used on the internal server to transfer
Attributes from the internal server to the REST module.

Until now, we copied Attributes one by one.

example)
&Calling-Station-Id = &outer.request:Calling-Station-Id
&Called-Station-Id = &outer.request:Called-Station-Id

No problem. But now we are in a situation where we have to use all
Attributes.

So what I tried

&request = &outer.request

All Attributes were copied, but authentication could not be completed
because Attributes that should not have been copied were also copied. (EAP
session-related properties)

Other than the method just mentioned, there are only two methods that I
know of.

1. As in the example, specify all Attributes one by one.

2. Change the copy_request_to_tunnel option of the EAP module to “yes”.

Option 1 is the least desirable method. If it becomes necessary to add an
attribute, a restart of FreeRADIUS is required.

2. It's the simplest method, but the documentation says "use it only for
compatibility reasons."

I got the "don't use it" feeling here.
I don't know the exact reason, but it's probably for security reasons.

Is there a better way you know?
Or is there no problem if I just use copy_request_to_tunnel ?