Subject: Authentication by validating RADIUS attribute value
From: Hariharan R <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2006 11:33:18 +0530 (IST)

Hi all,
  I am using FreeRADIUS1.1.1 and Fedora directory server7.2 as the LDAP 
backend to store all the user information.

  I configured RADIUS to contact LDAP server for authenticate the user 
request.

  I have to implement the following requirement,

  For each user in the LDAP server i will set some value to the RADIUS 
attribute , say for eg Filter-ID = 100

   If an authentication request comes to the RADIUS server it will contact 
the LDAP server, if the user is present in the LDAP server the RADIUS will 
authenticate the user.

  What i want is, i want to authenticate the user by validating the value 
of the RADIUS attribute in LDAP server. For example if the Filter-ID is 
100 for user 'jack' i have to authenticate. If 'jack' has Filter-ID 
as 123 i should not authenticate.

  Is i have to call a script before authenticating an user?
  If it is so how i can call and from which file i have to define the
  entries?

  What are the various methods by which i can achieve the above?

  Anyone pls help me to get rid of the problem.

  Thanks in advance.

Pls give me the complete details.

---
Regards,
Hariharan.R