Deprecated features (was: Any objection to deleting supportfor"clients"?)

Thor Spruyt thor.spruyt at telenet.be
Wed Jul 27 20:44:23 CEST 2005

Nicolas Baradakis wrote:
> Alan DeKok wrote:
>
>> "Thor Spruyt" <thor.spruyt at telenet.be> wrote:
>>
>>> Regularly the advice of "only change the defaults if needed" is
>>> given. Therfore, I wouldn't just delete this configuration
>>> parameter or funtionality, but just change the default, so that
>>> users don't use it anymore over time!
>>
>>   I'd say change both.  I'd like to update the server core to allow
>> more configurable calling of sections.  So the "post-proxy-authorize"
>> can morph into "when receiving a reply from a home server, use
>> section foo, and call the modules authorize function for each module
>> listed in that section"
>
> In CVS head we have the stanza 'Post-Proxy-Type' which allows to run
> different modules groups when receiving a reply from a home server.
> Perhaps I didn't understand what you'd like to do, but I'd prefer not
> running modules from authorize section a second time. (and moving all
> the modules to the section post-proxy)
>
>>   That kind of flexibility also allows you to automagically do
>> different things based on packet reply code, in a more flexible way
>> that the current "post-auth-type REJECT".
>
> It could be easy to have a "Post-Proxy-Type REJECT", too.

I want to log replies sent to my NAS, whether it's an Accept or Reject or
whether the request was proxied or not.
I haven't been able to do this with 1.0.1, but I'll be upgrading to 1.0.4
with which I managed to do so.
As long as that's possible, everything is fine for me :)

--
Groeten, Regards, Salutations,

Thor Spruyt
M: +32 (0)475 67 22 65