Radius client library with similar functionality to Cisco?

Alan DeKok aland at ox.org
Tue Jun 28 17:01:05 CEST 2005

Emile van Bergen <emile-fr at evbergen.xs4all.nl> wrote:
> It's not a library, but the radius client included with OpenRADIUS
> (http://www.openradius.net) does what you want if used as a
> co-process to your program.

  Yeah, but I'm a performance geek, too. :)

> A/V pairs are given in both directions as simple ASCII lines, similar to
> those used in FreeRADIUS' radclient.

  I was looking into this the other day, and my conclusion was that it
wouldn't hurt for radclient to have similar behavior.  I'm not sure I
want to make the server depend on that functionality, but it is very,
very, useful.

> The advantage of a subprocess over a library in this case is that it can be
> used from any language, and that you don't need callbacks or threads to
> multiplex with your own program's events.

  Yup.  But many choices made by the library author end up being
restrictions on the user, too.