session_zap and MPP connections

Stephan Jaeger stephan.jaeger at ewetel.de
Mon May 30 09:55:24 CEST 2005

Am Freitag, den 27.05.2005, 12:45 -0400 schrieb Alan DeKok:
> Stephan Jaeger <stephan.jaeger at ewetel.de> wrote:
> > so the Framed-IP-Address attribute is not appended to the virtual stop
> > ticket if the ip address is 0.0.0.0, but MPP ISDN Connections always
> > have a Framed-IP-Address of 0.0.0.0 for all but the first channel, so
> > these connections will never be closed by session_zap generated tickets.
>
>   I'm not sure why.  Won't the connection be closed based on
> Acct-Session-Id, and not Framed-IP-Address?

Yes, i changed that to Acct-Unique-Id which, to be unique enough,
includes the Framed-Ip-Address. Ideally the database column
"acctuniqueid" should be set unique, so double start tickets would not
generate a second row, but update the first one.

The Acct-Sessiond-Id or the example Acct-Unique-Id in radiusd.conf is
not very unique especially with some DSL NAS Devices where nasportid,
nasip etc are always the same for one customer and just the
Acct-Session-Id changes.

Regards

Stephan Jaeger