need info about radius+SSH

Vishwanath Srikant Pattanshetti vspattanshetti at airvananet.com
Tue Nov 15 13:52:31 CET 2005

 Hello all

I have freeradius installed on solaris 10. I want to do the
configuration in such a way that, when a user connects to this machine
using ssh, the user authentication is done using the RADIUS server.  I
have added the following line to /etc/pam.conf on solaris machine.

ssh auth sufficient   pam_radius_auth.so.1

But I do not see any request sent to radius server when a user connects
to the machine using ssh.

However I have tried similar configuration for telnet by adding
following line to /etc/pam.conf

telnet auth sufficient   pam_radius_auth.so.1

And this configuration works fine.

Can some one please tell me what am I missing??

Thanks and regards.

-Vishwa