sql_ippool module with two databases

Ruslan A Dautkhanov rusland at scn.ru
Fri Oct 7 06:08:38 CEST 2005

Hello

Stylianos Stylianou wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I have compiled freeradius-1.0.5 in Redhat Enterprise Linux 4 with
> your module and it works without any problem with mysql 4.X database.
>

> I have only one problem to solve. I am trying to add two
> sql-instance-name in file sqlippool.sqls so that there is a redundancy
> in the module.
>
> In the radius.conf file I manage to do this with the following:
>

> group {
>
>         sql_1 {
>
>               fail  = 1
>
>               notfound = return
>
>               noop  = 2
>
>               ok  = return
>
>               updated = 3
>
>               reject = return
>
>               userlock = 4
>
>               invalid = 5
>
>               handled = 6
>
>              }
>
>         sql_2 {
>
>               fail  = 1
>
>               notfound = return
>
>               noop  = 2
>
>               ok  = return
>
>               updated = 3
>
>               reject = return
>
>               userlock = 4
>
>               invalid = 5
>
>               handled = 6
>
>             }
>
> }
>

> So, if sql_1 server goes down, the authentication and accounting is
> going to be ok since radius is going to use sql_2 server, but the
> allocation of ips not.
>

> Is there a way to "tell" the module to use two sql servers, the one
> redundant to the other?

Current revision of sqlippool can't make this functionality, as I
know.   To be sure ask for it at freeradius-devel at lists.freeradius.org .
If it's really not possible, then only one solution possible - search
for utilities for your RDBMS, which can make redundancy.
I know it's possible in PostgreSQL, but I havn't any experience with MySQL.

--
best regards,
Ruslan A Dautkhanov    rusland at scn.ru