rlm_sqlippool IPR

Alan DeKok aland at ox.org
Thu Sep 15 22:46:38 CEST 2005

Frank Cusack <fcusack at fcusack.com> wrote:
> Legally knew?

  Talking to the in-house legal staff here, anything can be litigated
for any reason by anyone at any time.  Who knew what when is not relevant.

> Well, not if you simply remove the code.

  That's the best solution for problems.

> Well, even though a one-liner may seem to be obviously ok, GPL has not
> been tested in court and until such time, every GPL'd project *is*
> vulnerable.

  I keep hearing that...

> I fail to see why it's difficult to add an explicit GPL header.

  Yes, we should add one.  We should ask them to send us a patch to
add one, or state publicly that they're releasing it under the GPL.