FreeRADIUS CVS->{BZR,Hg} migration consideration

Paul TBBle Hampson Paul.Hampson at Pobox.com
Fri Sep 16 06:38:43 CEST 2005

On Thu, Sep 15, 2005 at 03:14:08PM +0200, Nicolas Baradakis wrote:
> Alan DeKok wrote:

>> Paul TBBle Hampson <Paul.Hampson at Pobox.com> wrote:
> >> I propose to run a read-only parallel repository in either or both
> >> of the above on my own server, syncing against the FreeRADIUS CVS
> >> server.
>>
>>   Migrating away from CVS would be a good idea.

> I'm not against the idea, but I'm well satisfied with CVS. It's a well
> known tool, and widely spread. It sure lacks features, but there isn't
> many developpers committing code (no problem to merge versions), and
> there isn't more than two active branches (the stable release and the
> head). I don't mind keeping two local copies of the repository.

Ah, but I want to (for example) run a Debian-archive branch as well, in order
to keep Debian-archive-specific things (such as the current situation with
OpenSSL, which may or may not be mitigated with a license exception, as I
believe other dependanded-upon GPLd libraries need to carry the exception
too... I'll check this when it becomes relevant.)

I don't think it makes an awful lot of sense to keep this in the main
FreeRADIUS tree, since I pretty much expect to be (for the moment) the only one
using it.

Certainly this doesn't neccesitate the upstream repository to convert from CVS,
but it's certainly worth an investigation.

Paul "TBBle" Hampson, MCSE
Paul.Hampson at Pobox.Com

Of course Pacman didn't influence us as kids. If it did,
we'd be running around in darkened rooms, popping pills and
listening to repetitive music.
 -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

License: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.1/au/