Google Summer of Code and RadSec?

Nicolas Baradakis nbk at sitadelle.com
Thu Apr 20 15:01:00 CEST 2006

Stefan Winter wrote:

> some of you may be aware that Google is soon launching another
> instance of it's "Summer of Code" program.
>
> [...]
>
> Any opinions on the topic?

I was already thinking of participating in Summer of Code 2006, and I
was going to post a similar request at the end of the week.

There is a long standing issue with the OpenSSL and GPL licenses, but
I can't see when I'll have time to write GnuTLS support in FreeRADIUS.
That's why I'd like to submit this project to Summer of Code, and
become the mentor of the student who volunteers in this project.

In practice, there are a few formalities:
  - http://code.google.com/soc/
  - http://code.google.com/soc/mentorfaq.html

Alan is the best person in the role of the "organization administrator",
so we need his approval to sign up for Summer of Code.

--
Nicolas Baradakis