Request for consideration in the summer of code

Alan DeKok aland at freeradius.org
Thu Apr 20 23:24:31 CEST 2006

  FreeRADIUS (http://www.freeradius.org) is the premier Open Source
RADIUS server.  It is used in carrier-class deployments with tens of
millions of users.  It has more features than any other Open Source
server, and more features than most commercial server.

  That being said, it isn't perfect.  We'd like to be considered for
the Summer of Code, in order to improve the product.

  We have a list of project ideas on the web at:

    http://www.freeradius.org/summerofcode/

  We will review the "blue-sky" proposals and incoming student
applications publicly on the developers list.  As the project lead, I
will act as the initial point of contact between Google and the project.

  Mentors have volunteered to be available for the projects, and there
are sufficient people to take over from an assigned mentor if a mentor
is unable to provide continuing guidance.  We expect that students
will join the developers list, and will discuss their ongoing work
there with the team of project developers.

  The mentor (or backup) will provide a written evaluation of the
student's work one the project is over.

  Thank you for your consideration.