Loging of proxied requests

Josip Almasi joe at vrspace.org
Wed Aug 9 13:25:57 CEST 2006

Peter Nixon wrote:

> Wouldn't it be better for us to be a bit more concise about things? for
> example:
>
> Mon Aug  7 20:18:40 2006 : Auth: Login incorrect (realm: myrealm proxy:
> myproxy): [peter/peter] (from client NAS1 port 60000 cli XXXXXXXX)
>
> I am doing crazy thing like:
>  DEFAULT Called-Station-Id == "YYYYYY", Proxy-To-Realm := realm1
>  DEFAULT Called-Station-Id == "ZZZZZZZ", Proxy-To-Realm := realm2
>
> Therefore, I am sure that you can see why this extra logging information would
> be usefull. (You can't tell the realm simply by looking at the username)

Use the Source, Luke;)

And I'm logging vendor attributes.
(in order to identify misconfigured NASes; comes handy when you have
400+ NASes and 150k users)
Makes me think about configurable logging.
Like, configure log in such a way that it always logs defined attributes
values, if exist.
Guess people need logging in various places; i.e. important message for
me is user not found in radgroupcheck.
So with such a log both Peter and me would get our logging requirements
satisfied:)

?

Regards...