broken --prefix=/

Peter Nixon listuser at peternixon.net
Wed Aug 16 11:58:32 CEST 2006

On Wed 16 Aug 2006 09:54, Peter Nixon wrote:
> On Wed 16 Aug 2006 05:16, Frank Cusack wrote:
> > > OK. After some more testing it is not --prefix which is broken. It
> > > works as expected. However it is now required to pass
> > > "--with-raddbdir=/etc/raddb" which was not necessary previously to get
> > > things to go in the expected place.
> >
> > Is that acceptable?
>
> Personally I dont really care. Now that I have found the problem I have
> updated the spec file to match and it won't bother me again, however it is
> quite likely that we will get more than one question about it on the list
> once we release 1.1.3 as it is a change in build behaviour that people wont
> expect.

ok. It turns out that this is STILL not working as expected. This rpm is built
with "--with-raddbdir=/etc/raddb".

obiwan:~ # rpm -e freeradius-snapshot
obiwan:~ # rm -rf /etc/raddb
obiwan:~ # rpm -Uvh freeradius-snapshot-20060808-19.1.x86_64.rpm
warning: freeradius-snapshot-20060808-19.1.x86_64.rpm: V3 DSA signature:
NOKEY, key ID 6b9d6523
Preparing...                ########################################### [100%]
   1:freeradius-snapshot    warning: user abuild does not exist - using root
[...]
########################################### [100%]
obiwan:~ # radiusd -X
Starting - reading configuration files ...
reread_config:  reading radiusd.conf
Unable to open file "/usr/local/etc/raddb/radiusd.conf": No such file or
directory
Errors reading radiusd.conf

So there is definitely something wrong with radiusd looking in the wrong place
for its configs :-(

--

Peter Nixon
http://www.peternixon.net/