Automatic report from sources (radiusd) between 16.08.2006 - 17.08.2006 GMT

Peter Nixon listuser at peternixon.net
Thu Aug 17 19:38:45 CEST 2006

On Thu 17 Aug 2006 18:00, Alan DeKok wrote:
> > Major updates to module to make it standalone. It no longer needs to
> > know what the ip pool config is at startup, infact it no longer
> > cares as each query is check against the table so new pools can be
> > added, deleted and extended on the fly without a reload.
>
>   Wow... that's astonishingly useful.

Heh. Thanks. It fits in nicely with the rest of my plan to take over the
world :-)

We have the this code in production and it seems to be solid so far. The one
this that it doesn't do which I would like is try to hand out the same IP
that you had before. It is possible to do this, but I can't see any way
without transitioning from one sql query to a stored procedure containing 3
queries which will be considerably slower. If I have a brainwave about how to
do this cleaner I will certainly commit it, but for now you are almost
guaranteed to get a different IP each time as the module hands out IPs
sequentially from the pool.

Cheers

--

Peter Nixon