mac os x build of v1.1.3: "Symbol not found: _debug_flag"

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Aug 29 00:01:21 CEST 2006

Markus Krause <krause at biochem.mpg.de> wrote:
> in more detail: i just checkout out the current cvs content of branch 1_1:
> cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs at cvs.freeradius.org:/source checkout -r branch_1_1
> radiusd
>
> and made again "./configure", "make" and "make install" all works like the last
> cvs checkout!

  And it runs?  Dang...

> the only obvious difference i could make out is a difference in CFLAGS

  Both usee: -g -O2 -D_REENTRANT -D_POSIX_PTHREAD_SEMANTICS -DDARWIN -Wall -D_GNU_SOURCE

  Not working (1.1.3) uses: -DNDEBUG

  Working (CVS) uses: ... a bunch of -W flags

  The warning flags shouldn't make any difference.  The only thing I
can think of is that the -DNDEBUG is the cause of the problem, though
I have no idea why.

  Try building 1.1.3 from scratch again, but this time adding -DNDEBUG
by hand to the CFLAGS in Make.inc, after "./configure", and before
"make".  If that works, I'll be pleasantly surprised.