syslog patch to rlm_detail in 1.1.0

Alan DeKok aland at ox.org
Tue Feb 28 18:50:10 CET 2006

Geoff Silver <geoff+freeradius at uslinux.net> wrote:
> I certainly wasn't trying to impose syslog on people, but I know I've
> seen discussions about patching radiusd or writing rlm's to do syslog
> previously on the mailing lists, so obviously people *want* to do this.
> I'd be happy to make some changes to it if it would help get it
> accepted, but if what I'm hearing is "no freakin' way" then I'll just
> maintain the patch seperately.

  I'd be much happier if the syslog functionality was in a separate
module, that didn't touch the "detail" module.  The functionality is
really quite separate, even if there is some overlap in the code.

  I'd be OK with adding a "rlm_syslog" to the server, especially if it
could log authentication success/fail, etc. in place of what's
currently in the server core.  The current syslog functionality is
pretty bad, so replacing it with a module is a big win.