Release 1.1.0 this week?

Alan DeKok aland at ox.org
Wed Jan 11 04:30:08 CET 2006

Nicolas Baradakis <nbk at sitadelle.com> wrote:
> If you look at CVS log reports, I've been playing with rlm_eap makefiles
> recently, and manage somehow to fix the esoteric libtool warnings for
> libeap. Now CVS head is building fine without RLM_EAP_LINK_MODE=-static.
> It'd be nice if other people can test these changes, though.

  I had fixed *most* of that by moving the TLS stuff to libeap.  But
your changes fix the rest.

> For 1.1.1 we could also make a sweep over all the modules to back-port
> more fixes to be found in CVS head. We could also make a sweep over the
> bugzilla, too.

  I'd rather do a 1.1.x every month.  That way we get lots of changes
moving out the door quickly, and we don't run into the 2.0 problem of
waiting forever.

> I don't think so: there's still a lot of cool new features in the server
> core (IPv6 support, new radrelay, hash tables implementation to name a
> few of them) and a lot of new modules: rlm_policy, rlm_sqlippool,
> rlm_expiration, rlm_caching...

 I know... it's just that there are a few things in the CVS head I've
been avoiding that desperately need fixing.