compile & install on FC4 x86_64

FreeRadius Devel freeradius-devel at list.coretech.ro
Sat Jan 14 22:59:13 CET 2006

hello,

I am trying to install freeradius cvs version downloaded on 2006-01-14
on Fedora CORE 4 installed on a dual AMD Opteron system.
fedora is updated as of 2006-01-14.
I have have found two problems and I do not know if they are fedora,
x86_64 or freeradius related.

1. after:

# ./configure --with-large-files --with-udpfromto
# make

I get the error:

gcc: /usr/lib/libsnmp.so: No such file or directory
gmake[4]: *** [radiusd] Error 1
gmake[4]: Leaving directory `.../freeradius-060114/src/main'

there is no file "/usr/lib/libsnmp.so" but there is a file
"/usr/lib64/libsnmp.so"
is the configure script suppose to find the 32bit version or the 64bit
version ?
after a link from /usr/lib64/libsnmp.so to /usr/lib/libsnmp.so
freeradius compiles and installs

2. after running "# radiusd -X" I get the following error:

Starting - reading configuration files ...
read_config_files:  reading dictionary
Errors reading dictionary: dict_init:
/usr/local/share/freeradius/dictionary.ascend[1228]: dict_addvalue:
Duplicate value name Route-IPX-No for attribute X-Ascend-Route-IPX
Segmentation fault

identical configuration & installation works on FC4/i386

in file "src/lib/dict.c", function "DICT_VALUE *dict_valbyname(int attr,
const char *name)"
line "hash = lrad_hash_update(&attr, sizeof(&attr), hash);"

I think that "sizeof(&attr)" should be "sizeof(attr)" because
sizeof(int) != sizeof(&int) on 64bit.
is there a compile option hat would instruct the compiler to consider
"int" as being a 64bit integer ?

thanks,
Razvan Radu