Release 1.1.1 TODO
nbk at sitadelle.com
Sat Jan 28 16:41:51 CET 2006
I don't know if it's too soon to plan a release date for 1.1.1, as
1.1.0 has some annoying known problems:
- an error on x86_64 machines when reading dictionnaries.
- compilation fails on FreeBSD because of rlm_otp.
- rlm_eap_peap and rlm_eap_ttls have libtool problems on Debian.
The following list is surely very incomplete, but I tried to put
together the things we could do before the next release.
- pull eap fixes from CVS head to address Debian's issues. I found
many changes not in branch 1.1 but I've no idea whether they are
safe or not:
- moved TLS code from rlm_eap_tls to libeap.
- removed record_* functions from global visibility.
- remove the EAP submodule locking.
- change autoconf tests for OpenSSL.
- put the eap sessions into a tree, so that looking them up is very
fast, and no longer O(n) in the number of sessions.
- if the callback fails, do eap_fail() to get an EAP-Failure message
and return reject.
- use new hex2bin function to be more forgiving for NT-Passwords
- make "use_tunneled_reply" work properly for PEAP
- fix bug #314 about rlm_otp: the module could have more tests in
configure.in so it is silently disabled instead of giving compilation
- net-snmp patches. (and move #includes from radius_snmp.h to smux.h)
- maybe undelete the database schema for MSSQL server? We could put
the file under src/modules/rlm_sql/drivers/rlm_sql_unixodbc for
- maybe back-port the changes in the makefiles in CVS head? It would
fix some warnings and make the autoconf/libtool upgrade easier in
More information about the Freeradius-Devel