Need help regarding date type attribute.

Vishwanath Srikant Pattanshetti vspattanshetti at airvana.com
Mon Jul 10 10:28:42 CEST 2006

Hello all
I am using Freeradius 1.1.0 with Oracle 10g for user account management
in my project. I am facing following problems.
1. My access accept contains two fields of type date.  In the FreeRadius
debug messages I see that some date are printed as EST and some are
printed as EDT. Does it have anything to do with which month the date
belongs to?

2. for a field account-expiry-date I store 'Jan 01 1970'  in database
table to denote "no expiry"  - But in the Radius client program when we
try to get the value of this field the value given is always 18000 and
not 0 which is expected for date of 'Jan 01 1970'
Do any one have a solution for this problem? Will this in any way affect
my radius client side, if we are using an external RADIUS server(other
than FreeRadius)

Any quick help/pointers would be a great help.
Thanks and regards.
-Vishwa.