build error

Peter Nixon listuser at peternixon.net
Fri Jul 21 23:15:04 CEST 2006

Hi Guys

When I build on the openSUSE Build Service I get the following errors
scattered throughout the build (On all SUSE versions) but the build
continues, but doesnt make anu .so files.

/usr/src/packages/BUILD/freeradius-1.1.2/libtool --mode=link gcc -release
1.1.2 \
-module -export-dynamic   -o rlm_eap_tls.la     \
-rpath /usr/lib/freeradius rlm_eap_tls.lo
rlm_eap_tls.c /usr/src/packages/BUILD/freeradius-1.1.2/src/lib/libradius.la \
../../libeap/libeap.la -lcrypto -lssl -lcrypto -lnsl -lresolv  -lpthread
rm -fr .libs/rlm_eap_tls.la .libs/rlm_eap_tls.* .libs/rlm_eap_tls-1.1.2.*

*** Warning: This library needs some functionality provided by -lcrypto.
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have.

*** Warning: This library needs some functionality provided by -lssl.
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have.

*** Warning: This library needs some functionality provided by -lcrypto.
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have.

*** Warning: This library needs some functionality provided by -lnsl.
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have.

*** Warning: This library needs some functionality provided by -lresolv.
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have.

*** Warning: This library needs some functionality provided by -lpthread.
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have.

*** Warning: libtool could not satisfy all declared inter-library
*** dependencies of module rlm_eap_tls.  Therefore, libtool will create
*** a static module, that should work as long as the dlopening
*** application is linked with the -dlopen flag.
ar cru .libs/rlm_eap_tls.a  rlm_eap_tls.o
ranlib .libs/rlm_eap_tls.a

When I build locally I dont get the same errors so, does anyone know what
dependency I am missing on the build service?

I currently specify (plus base system):

BuildRequires: cyrus-sasl-devel
BuildRequires: db-devel
BuildRequires: e2fsprogs-devel