lt_dllopenext() returns invalid handle (was: 1.1.2 is broken if you have closefrom() )

Frank Cusack fcusack at fcusack.com
Thu Jun 15 08:20:06 CEST 2006

On June 8, 2006 11:43:39 PM -0400 Alan DeKok <aland at nitros9.org> wrote:
> Frank Cusack <fcusack at fcusack.com> wrote:
>> Since I spent a bunch of time on this libtool/libltdl stuff (which is
>> more frustrating than the typical problem), I'm loathe to have a
>> patched ltdl.c, even if it's a minor patch.  I can't convince you
>> to try and reproduce it again, can I?
>
>   Send me a patch...  I love pain.

Dunno if you didn't find time, or weren't able to reproduce it, but
I found two similar reports on Google, so while I can't see the bug
I do agree it's there (although quite rare).  I would still like to
understand the problem, so if you're able to get to this, great.

But anyway, it looks easy to address in freeradius (as opposed to
ltdl.c) so I'm going to try that.  It's just a bit iffy since I can't
actually reproduce the bug, but I figure, FR can't run under this
condition anyway, the bug is just that it segfault's instead of
reporting a useful error.

Let me know what you think.

-frank