Null pointer deref

Alan DeKok aland at nitros9.org
Mon May 1 05:15:05 CEST 2006

"Daniel O'Connor" <darius at dons.net.au> wrote:
> The strcmp's around lines 1630 and 1659 can be done on a NULL pointer (eg
> mainconfig.do_lower_user) which causes a crash.

  I presume you mean in src/main/radiusd.c ?

  I'm curious as to how a NULL pointer got into those entries in the
"mainconfig" data structure.  The server is set up so that if there's
no entry for those configs in radiusd.conf, then a default value of
"no" is used.  See src/main/mainconfig.c.

  I've never seen this bug before, so my first guess is that you're
not running a stock server, and that the changes don't initialize
those entries.