Bug on Accouting-Requests proxying

Geoffroy Arnoud garnoud at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Nov 2 09:20:20 CET 2006

>   Why?  OK, the customers request it, that's nice...
> but why?  What
> problem do they think it solves?
>
>   I really don't think per-realm asynchronous
> retransmits help.  I
> just don't see why they would matter to the home
> server.  Retransmits
> matter to the NAS, but the NAS controls it's
> retransmissions...

I agree with you, and we explained them that allowing
bigger TO/retries on proxy to address slow Home AAA
won't have any result, because the NAS is the one that
controls end-users' traffic.
It's just that we are migrating their AAA proxy from
an existing non-free RADIUS server to FreeRADIUS, and
they want to keep the same features.

Anyway. We will do the job for the migration with
1.1.3 and some locally maintained patches. Next we
will see how FreeRADIUS evolves, and take it into
consideration for next releases.

Thanks

Geof.