Another patch for X509 validation

Michal Prochazka michalp at ics.muni.cz
Thu Nov 9 09:28:32 CET 2006

Hello,

Alan DeKok wrote:
> "Juan C. Sanchez-DelBarrio" <carlos.sanchez at bsc.es> wrote:
>> I follow with the idea of the other developer. In our organization, we
>> need that you can filter not only using check_cert_cn if not using
>> organizational-unit (O) of the DN. Firstly, we propose the following
>> patch using external script where you can define your own filter.
>
>   Ok...

Maybe I don't really understand what Juan mean with "we propose" but
this patch is made by me and I sent it to this list on 12. 5. 2006
(Msg ID: 4464493E.6020002 at ics.muni.cz) but without any response from
Alan or other developers:-( This patch is only for 1.1.0. I also
made changes to the patch to be usable in freeradius 1.1.2. I'm not
testing the patch against new versions of freeradius because we are
running version 1.1.0.

I also asked in this list if anyone needs the whole certificate to
be sent to the script, but without any response. I didn't do this
modification to eap-tls because we need only issuer and subject.

>> +ATTRIBUTE       X509-Subject                            1102    string
>> +ATTRIBUTE       X509-Issuer                             1103    string
>> +#define PW_X509_SUBJECT			1100
>> +#define	PW_X509_ISSUER			1101
>
>   That's a typo.
>   It looks interesting, though.

And of course my patch didn't contain this typo:-)

Regards,

Michal
Michal Prochazka // michalp at ics.muni.cz

Supercomputing Center Brno