[Devel] Re: fix for Radius failed query logging

Peter Nixon listuser at peternixon.net
Thu Nov 16 22:03:01 CET 2006

OK. This _looks_ like a RADIUS accounting packet, and the patch doesn't look
horrible, but with the exception of the following in RFC 2866 I can't find
anything mentioning "Acct-Status-Type = Failed" as being valid:

5.1.  Acct-Status-Type

   Description

      This attribute indicates whether this Accounting-Request marks the
      beginning of the user service (Start) or the end (Stop).

      It MAY be used by the client to mark the start of accounting (for
      example, upon booting) by specifying Accounting-On and to mark the
      end of accounting (for example, just before a scheduled reboot) by
      specifying Accounting-Off.

 --snip--

      The Value field is four octets.

       1      Start
       2      Stop
       3      Interim-Update
       7      Accounting-On
       8      Accounting-Off
       9-14   Reserved for Tunnel Accounting
      15      Reserved for Failed       <------------------***************

Based on which RFC does SER generate RADIUS accounting packets
with  "Acct-Status-Type = Failed"?

I am CCing this mail to the FreeRADIUS devel list also. (I suggest that those
of you on the SER list interested in this patch should join freeradius-devel
also)

Proposed patch to enable Acct-Status-Type = Failed support in FreeRADIUS at:
http://download.dns-hosting.info/CDRTool/freeradius/freeradius-cvs-failed-accounting.diff

Cheers

Peter

--