Radiusd-radrelayd config file naming

Peter Nixon listuser at peternixon.net
Mon Oct 2 22:37:38 CEST 2006

On Mon 02 Oct 2006 17:57, Alan DeKok wrote:
> Peter Nixon <listuser at peternixon.net> wrote:
> > My next suggestion for 2.0 was actually going to be that we rename
> > "radiusd.conf" to "freeradius.conf" (or freeradiusd.conf) and
> > "etc/raddb" to "etc/freeradius" as default. Does this suit you? (A
> > simple rename of radiusd.conf on upgrade is not particularly
> > difficult, given that many options on the config file have also
> > changed)
>
>   Yeah, I'll be typing '/etc/raddb' for the next 2 years, but the
> change makes sense.

Sure. A simple symlink will take care of that though :-)

> > Our default prefix should probably change from /usr/local to
> > /opt/freeradius/ also in keeping with LSB. (Although I understand that
> > this may be a slightly controversal change)
>
>   LSB?  How does that affect my Solaris machines? :)
>
>   The default prefix can easily be changed by any package manager, so
> I'm OK with leaving it as /usr/local/ which shouldn't affect any packages.

Sorry. I should has said FHS not LSB (I get them confused sometimg :-)

See:
http://www.pathname.com/fhs/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filesystem_Hierarchy_Standard

It's not critical, although isn't Solaris moving to /opt/whatever also for
third party software also? (I thought I saw Oracle 10g installed in there on
a Solaris machine recently..) In any case FHS is for Unix systems... Not just
linux..

Cheers

--

Peter Nixon