Automatic report from sources (radiusd) between 13.09.2006 - 14.09.2006 GMT

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Sep 14 19:46:11 CEST 2006

> Fixed bug id #390 Removed pairfree and Updated to use pairmove.

  No, this is wrong.  "pairmove" uses the operators to determine which
attributes to move, and which to leave behind.  Since Perl can update
all of the attributes via it's own logic, it does not need the
operators.  The operators are ONLY for the "users" file, which is a
hack.

  In addition, pairmove() MIGHT leave VALUE_PAIR's in the source list.
The change you made didn't free them, so there is a memory leak in the
code.

  I'm going to revert this change, and commit a different fix for bug
#390.

  The "Operator" code added in revision 1.38 is not needed.  Again,
the *only* purpose of the operator in the VALUE_PAIR is a hack, to
make the "users" file work.  Since the Perl script can make it's own
decisions about which attributes to over-write and why, it's completey
unnecessary to support operators here.  All of the code dealing with
"Operator" in rlm_perl.c should be deleted.

  The attributes used in rlm_perl should just be names and values,
without operators.  I'll be updating the module to remove the
"Operator" stuff.  It's confusing, and not necessary.