radclient (CVS HEAD) segfault from exec

Peter Nixon listuser at peternixon.net
Mon Sep 18 16:11:12 CEST 2006

Hi Guys

I have a program called radsqlkill.pl which I am calling from exec like the
following:

        exec radsqlkill {
                wait = no
                program = "radsqlkill.pl %{Calling-Station-Id}"
                input_pairs = request
                shell_escape = yes
                output = none
        }

I have it defined in "instantiate" and "authorize"

The idea being that it searches for active sessions in the radacct table and
kills them using a Disconnect-Request if the same user trys a new connection.
This is different to similtaneous use as due to my network setup it is not
possible for the same Calling-Station-Id to actually connect twice, which
means that they have been disconnected without the NAS noticing if there is a
new Auth request from the same Calling-Station-Id.

When run from the command line everything works great, however when run from
exec I get the following segfault in syslog:

Sep 18 17:00:05 server radsqlkill.pl[12254]: Sending Disconnect-Request for
021211111111 to 1.1.1.1
Sep 18 17:00:05 server kernel: radclient[12255]: segfault at 0000000000000058
rip 00002aaaaaf0d869 rsp 00007fffffccbf90 error 4

Does anyone know why this would be a problem?

--

Peter Nixon
http://www.peternixon.net/