Proxy feature enhancement

Geoffroy Arnoud garnoud at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Sep 20 09:10:13 CEST 2006

Hello,

We are developping a RADIUS platform for our customer based on FreeRADIUS 1.1.3.

We plan to patch the kernel code to implement a timeout/reries configuration per realm, for the RADIUS proxy feature.

I saw in the archive that some time ago, someone planned to perform this modification (http://lists.freeradius.org/mailman/htdig/freeradius-devel/2004-October/007584.html).

I am wondering if such a patch is available? If not, we will develop it and provide it to the community.
For this purpose, we may need some tips on how proxy is implemented, in terms of configuration and behaviour (for example, How is managed timeout detection for a given request?).
Furthermore, are there tests suite available on the server kernel so we can perform/enhance them to check non-regression?

Any information will be welcome.

Best regards,

Geoff.