Null SQL user

Peter Nixon listuser at peternixon.net
Thu Sep 21 01:23:33 CEST 2006

Hi Mike

How/Where is this DEFAULT user checked in SQL? I was of the impression that
DEFAULT data didnt work in SQL. (It it does I obviously am missing
something.)

In anycase, we are calling a stored procedure for authorize instead of the
default query
* based on certain (trusted) info in the auth request we already know "who"
the user is.
* we do a bunch of checks to see if their acocunt is active ELSE reject
* we check the users type. Types include noauth, auth and proxy.
* If proxy type we proxy them to a realm
* if auth type we return the password ELSE accept

A similar procedure runs for the reply query...

As you can see a request with NULL username is quite valid for me, and may be
proxied or accepted based (from inside the sql procedure) based on
information in the request other than username/password and should therefore
go through the normal sql queries.

Cheers

Peter