Null SQL user

Michael Griego mgriego at utdallas.edu
Fri Sep 22 00:08:27 CEST 2006

On Sep 21, 2006, at 11:35 AM, Peter Nixon wrote:

> It doesn't really bother me, but this is different behaviour to other
> modules... Why rewrite it at all?

If we attempt to mimic the users file processing as close as
posslble, it uses the DEFAULT entries.  This is exactly the reason
that my take on this was to, if no User-Name is present, simply skip
over the radcheck/radgroupcheck for the User-Name and jump straight
to the DEFAULT profile checking.  In my mind, that most closely
mimics users file processing, reduces confusion of modules behaving
differently, keeps the code as close to the same as possible in how
it operates, and accomplishes the goal of allowing requests with no
username.

--Mike