Problem with expansion of %{Ldap-UserDn} containing UTF-8 (cf. Bug #411)

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Aug 28 15:02:49 CEST 2007

Enrik Berkhan wrote:
> Why not move the escaping that is done by librad_safeprint to the
> 'default escape function' (xlat_copy) when xlating? This would avoid the
> double escaping when a module supplied escape function is given to
> radius_xlat and keep the status quo otherwise.

  I'm not sure what you mean by that.  xlat_copy() just copies the data
verbatim, so it doesn't affect any escaping rules.

  In addition, the safeprint() function does escaping ONLY when it's
called, and it's not called from xlat.c because -1 is passed to
vp_prints_value().  So the only escaping is done by the module's escape
function, which is mostly what we want, right?

  Where does the double escaping come from?